Vinelife is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for a “Communications Director” position. We are praying for an experienced, self-motivated team member who loves God, considers Vinelife their church home, and is eager to serve our community. Please review the job description below to determine if you would like to apply. Even If you do not posses all of the skillsets listed, we may be able to facilitate some on the job training.
This role is part-time, but has the potential to expand into other roles. Lastly, the title and position may change as we seek to customize this position to the person(s) who will be joining our team.
Description: To support the vision, values, and ministries of Vinelife by creating and executing communication strategies that are creative, timely, and excellent.
- Manage all aspects of Vinelife related websites – Vinelife.com, Vinelife University, The City
- Content Management – timely, current, and appropriate to Vinelife
- Efficient and effective functionality
- Artistic and creative excellence
- Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of all websites
- May work with web development companies
- May create and develop sites internally
- Proactively work to make sure Vinelife maintains and effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
- Develop system to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items related to Vinelife.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns assigned.
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions
- May require writing or securing writers
- Editing and proof-reading for accuracy and appropriateness
- Create social media presence for Vinelife including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage on going social media messaging and communication strategies.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
- Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
- Work closely with Vinelife video team to produce creative and effective promotional videos: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
- Strategize creative tactics to use video to promote and send the message Vinelife may want to communicate to the church and to the world.
- Edit weekly Sunday sermon podcast and upload to podcast feed.
- Work in tandem with teaching team to create consistency in messaging from the front door to the back door.
- Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages with the worship audience
- Join brainstorm and creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
- Monitor the look, vibe, feel of all promotional materials representing Vinelife.
- Monitor the use of logos and images that represent Vinelife
- Create policies and procedures related to the branding of Vinelife and related entities.
- Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals.
- Recruit, train, and care for volunteer such as artists, designers, photographers, writers
• Strong Leadership
• Self Starter
• Highly Creative
• Strategic Planner
• Tuned in to cultural trends
• Team Player
• Follows detailed and/or conceptual instruction well
• Takes Initiative
• Positive and Optimistic Attitude
• Independent Worker
• Doesn’t mind being interrupted
• Ministry Minded
• Good Listener
• Maintains Confidentiality
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable competency in the following software:
- Microsoft Office
- Final Cut Pro
- Mac and PC Operating Systems
- Successful goal setting, follow-up, and achievement skills
- Ability to focus and specialize on specific tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Positive interpersonal, influence and issue free skills
- Report to Luke with general questions, concerns, and pastoral support.