Join us as we enter such a moment here at Vinelife
in 40 days of Prayer and Fasting
As we fast, we will have three prayer focuses:
- Rediscover the Fear of the Lord (Proverbs 1:7)
- Tear down idols and “high places” (2 Chronicles 34)
- Become a church of awe-inspiring love (Acts 2:42-47)
What to do:
- Choose how you will fast.
- Sign up above for daily email prompts and links to online prayer sessions.
- Each day, contemplate and pray into the word, phrase, and Scripture given below.
- Join us Friday, Feb 28 for a night of corporate prayer at Vinelifeas we kickoff our fast.
- Join us on Thursdays at noon for online prayer over a Zoom video call.
- Join us Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
for a time of quiet reflection at Vinelife.
Ways to Fast:
As you consider fasting, it is crucial you prayerfully choose what your fast will be. Whether you decide to give up a certain type of food or take a break from social media, this form of self-denial, when used to focus on prayer, will align your heart with the heart of God. We learn to lean into God in our weakness and pull from heaven for our strength and focus on God.
Please remember that every person is different and you should only choose what is a healthy and safe choice for you as you listen to the Lord.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Liquid fast – give up solid foods
- Daniel fast – fruits and vegetables only
- Media fast – give up media
- Variation fast – fast 20 days one way and 20 days another way
- Lunch Fast – fast with us over lunch each day
- Choose your own fast
For each day of prayer, contemplate the given phrase for the day.
The Fear of the Lord
29 Holy; hating evil
2 Long Life
9 Receive & Seek
Tear Down High Places
16 Fear of man
19 False peace
22 Waiting on Jesus
24 Heart focus
27 One another
3 Bearing with