Vinelife Church is a Christian church. In addition to the Apostles’ Creed & Nicene Creed, we consider the following statements to be foundations of Vinelife Church.
- There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self- existent – one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible, to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God’s Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s Kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today, in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is “true God” and “true man.”
- We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and minister super-naturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.
- The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy – sin, lies, sickness and torment.
- The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of Baptism and Communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God’s love, discipling the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
- In the ever increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride – His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.
Vinelife is not affiliated with any denomination or “type” or group of church organizations or structures. Vinelife is not subordinate to any other organization nor does it supervise any other church organizations. There is no question that we have been the beneficiary of information and experience from many streams of Christian belief and practice. We are very much part of the greater Body of Christ, we identify with that Body as a whole and recognize that other parts of the Church have much to contribute as well.
Vinelife identifies itself as “evangelical” finding its roots in the Greek “evangelion”, meaning being of the “good news” or “gospel” brought by Jesus.
Further “evangelical” is also a term used in the conventional sense of taking that same “good news” to the nations as Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:18
 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in* the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (NIV)
Third, we embrace “evangelical” in the authority of God’s Word embracing the need to be “born again” as commanded in John 3: 1-5:
 In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
 “How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”
 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’  The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (NIV)
Fourth, we trace our spiritual heritage to the work of the great evangelists of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries as fathers in the faith who ushered in great awakenings and revivals proclaiming the truth of The Kingdom of Heaven and the person of Jesus Christ, the eternal King.
Vinelife is charismatic in its beliefs. What we mean is the modern definition of conferring of divine power and talents – known as “gifts”. We acknowledge the contemporary nature of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the reality of signs and wonders and the application and interpretation of tongues. We pray for and have experienced supernatural healing both inner person and in the flesh.
So in terms of general identity, Vinelife is a community of “born again” and those in the process of being “born again” believers led by the living Word of God and the Holy Spirit, committed to living and sharing the “Good News” and operating in power promised by Jesus in John 16:5-15 (below) and described in 1 Corinthians 12:27-31 (also below).
John 16: 5-15
 “Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’  Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief.  But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.  When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:  in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;  in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;  and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.  But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.  He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.  All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
1 Corinthians 12: 27-31
 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.  And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.  Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?  Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?  But eagerly desire the greater gifts.